Thursday, April 15, 2021

Progress. Notes – April 16, 2021

 I have to admit, progress thus far is fairly disappointing. Mailings and phone calls for two weeks to politicians, associations, veterans, the media and everyone else I could think of have had a single response. Senator Ginia's staffer called to ask a couple questions to decide whether she'd brief her boss.

On Monday I have a Zoom call with the Governor and the Lieutenant Governor's chiefs of staff. I have questions aplenty, but don't know what their perspective is. Last year it was all about, "Nice, Wes. We'd like to offer widows the exemption but where's the money to come from?"

Here's an issue nobody in the Capitol would vote against, and we can't get traction. At age 75 and with various attention-grabbing health issues, I sure hope some champion will leap out in front of this project to take it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment